11/29/11

I Miss The Streets

For one reason or another (willful disbelief perhaps), I failed to post about Mike Skinner's retirement of the moniker The Streets, UK grime's iconic pop crossover. Skinner's humorous and insightful ramblings over skittering garage beats have been a part of my life for years. I first heard The Streets when I was on one of those all-inclusive high school European tours watching MTV Europe somewhere in Spain. The above video for "When You Wasn't Famous" was on the TV, and my mind was blown. All that to say Skinner recently dropped a mix for FACT, which includes some great house music, Streets edits, and one track from his new project The D.O.T. If you haven't experienced The Streets before, consider this your point of entry. [FACT mix here]

No comments:

Post a Comment