3/5/09

Show Review: Jim Bianco

Bluesman Jim Bianco put on quite a show last week here at Messiah. His performance elicited laughter, foot tapping, head nodding, and more than a little shock. Telling stories of previous trips to Messiah that ended in off-campus parties with female students and stalking bartenders back to their homes, he came off as more than a little creepy to some students. Others thought he was hilarious or awesome, a feeling increased by his strong, raspy voice and great storytelling ability-both between songs and in his lyrics. Comments I overheard included: "This is baby-making music. I don't know if Messiah can handle this." and "I love his voice!" The man makes good music, whether because of or in spite of the sexual tension and man-of-the-world vibe he portrays, I'll let you decide. Read an interview here and watch this video live from his kitchen, since I can't post his music video due to somewhat inappropriate content (NSFW for all you blog kids).
PAINKILLER- live from my kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment