9/19/11

Belated Block Party Review: Mad Decent LA



My first (and somewhat lasting) impression of the LA edition of this year's block party is that the boys from Philly have finally 'made it' now that they've moved out to the west coast. It's gone somewhat corporate. I remember the first block party in Philly; everything was free-food, drinks, merch-all free. This time around there were serious food trucks, and giveaways were sporadic and temporary.

My second impression was that the 'block' they selected was too long and narrow, meaning a substantial amount of space went unused and another substantial amount of space around the booths and such was out of reasonable hearing distance from the music. This worked nicely when you wanted to relax, but made the experience somewhat more disjointed than the Philly editions have generally been.

My musical impressions (to the extent that I remember them) are as follows:

No comments:

Post a Comment