2/5/09

Jonas Brothers Rant & New Jazmine Sullivan Video

I was in Wal-mart yesterday (everyone's favorite record store, of course) and saw the new Grammy compilation (purchase here). This unfortunately reminded me that the Jonas Brothers were nominated for "Best New Artist", so I checked and-you guessed it-one of their so-called songs was on the album. Now I don't know about anyone else, but for me, popularity with 12-year-olds does not equal "best". They're up against Adele, Duffy, and Jazmine Sullivan-all of which have other nominations for artistic quality! This is ridiculous! As if it wasn't enough of a travesty to pretend to cover the Beatles and Coldplay... Is there any artistry left in the world? Or will I have to put up with over-processed pop crap created and forced on the American public by mega-corporations for the rest of my life?!

While on the subject of Jazmine Sullivan, the Philly songstress who just made it big this year and is up for 5 Grammys, check out her new video for "Lions, Tigers, and Bears" (via 51:51):

By the way, do music videos even need sets anymore? Seems like it's all green-screen these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment