7/8/11

Dr. Freecloud's Record Shoppe

I was searching for a spot to grab The Decemberists' The King Is Dead LP for my girlfriend for our anniversary when I stumbled across Dr. Freecloud's phenomenal reputation on Yelp. Despite the unlikelihood that they would have what I sought specifically, I just had to stop in. Proprietor Ron D Core, who has a great reputation as an all-vinyl hardcore DJ going back 25 years, was behind the decks demonstrating something to a customer, and I took some time to browse the huge collection of dance records available.

Since rent was due recently, I only purchased Young MC's "Bust A Move" single, but I will hopefully be back, if not for the $75/hour DJing lessons, then for one of the free Sunday barbeques with guest DJs like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment